Report Form

How do I report?

You may use this Reporting Form or you may submit a written report to, or give verbal notice to, the Title IX Coordinator or any Deputy Title IX Coordinator. Such a report may be made at any time (including non-business hours) by using the telephone number, email address, or mailing address listed for the Title IX Coordinator below.

Tanya Jachimiak
Director, Office of Gender Equity and Access
Title IX Coordinator
1200 Academy Street 
Kalamazoo, MI 49006 
Location: Upjohn Library Commons, Office 217 
Phone: 269.337.7480

Why use this form?

You may use this form to report gender discrimination, sexual harassment, dating violence, domestic violence, sexual assault, sexual exploitation, and stalking under the Policy Against Harassment.

Can I fill out this form anonymously?

Yes. However, if the College does not have your name, it may be limited in any follow-up.

Who can use this form?

Any Kalamazoo College student, faculty, or staff member.

Can I use this form if I am studying abroad or on research-based travel?

Yes. The Policy Against Harassment covers off-campus behavior, including while studying abroad. Students, faculty, and staff may also contact the Title IX Coordinator directly to report, to request supportive measures, or to be connected to other support resources. College resources remain available to you while abroad or traveling. Supportive measures are available to students, faculty, and staff even if the respondent is not associated with the College.

What happens after I fill out this form?

Information on this form is sent to the Title IX Coordinator for review and follow-up. The Associate Vice President for Human Resources also receives a copy of the form.

Is the information on this form confidential?

No. Students who would like to speak with someone confidentially should contact the Counseling Center, the College Chaplain, or the College Victim Services. Faculty and staff should consult the Employee Assistance Program or other confidential resources.

What if I am a student who violated the alcohol policy?

The College strongly encourages students to report incidents violating the Policy Against Harassment. Therefore, students who act responsibly by reporting to the appropriate authorities information about conduct violating these policies typically will not face College disciplinary action for their own drug or alcohol possession or consumption in connection with the reported incident.

What if someone retaliates against me for reporting?

The College does not tolerate any form of retaliation for reporting in good faith or for participating in an investigation or hearing. This form may be used to report retaliation.